WHAT ARE THE STRENGTHS OF St FRANCIS COLLEGE ?
The success of our School is based on two main pillars, namely a strict code of discipline and a dedicated team of teachers. We cannot boast magnificent facilities and state of the art equipment, but we can boast about excellent matric results and other achievements. We also teach far more than 'the syllabus'; we prepare children for life. We know our learners as well as they know us (warts and all!).
WHAT HAS ST FRANCIS COLLEGE ACHIEVED IN 25 YEARS ?
Apart from setting many children on the road to success, we can positively state the following :
- First independent school for black children not linked to any church or other institution in the area (Est. 1989). Opening of separate Preparatory School in October 2006.
- In 2013, we achieved a 100% pass rate with 14 distinctions and an 84% university entrance rate. In almost every subject written, St Francis College appeared in the Top 5 schools within the District.
- Runner-up in the 2005 Gauteng Premier's Award for excellence- according to Batho Pele Principles.
- Representation at provincial level by our school chess players for five years in succession .Active participation in most sporting codes ,with two children playing for national football clubs.
- Regular Parenting Courses o topics such as Budgeting, Final Wills, Communication, etc.
- One of our learners chosen among only 12 in South Africa to serve on the Absa Junior Board.
- A finalist in the Ekurhuleni Schools' Garden Competition for three years.
- Three learners are represented in the Spirit of Youth Programme run by GIBS (University of Pretoria).
WHY SHOULD YOU SUPPORT St FRANCIS COLLEGE ?
As St Francis College is a non-profit organisation, oyr mission is based on principles and run on values. Any funds received are directly ploughed back into the school for the benefit of the children. Our premises are secure and our learners have respect for everything we have.Strict control is kept over all assets of the School.
Any contribution received by the School is appreciated and taken care of. We welcome visits from outside so that a true evaluation can be made.
St Francis College is not just a school, it is a family of caring and dedicated members, all playing their part to ensure that it continues to serve the community proudly and in the best possible way!